Click the job title for full job description and application instructions.
To apply, click here and download the application packet, complete the pdf form, and email with a cover letter describing why you want to work for the Eugene Saturday Market: firstname.lastname@example.org with GM Search Committee in the subject line. Please save the pdf with the file name as “Your-Name-GM-Application.pdf” We also accept applications mailed to our office, 30 E Broadway #124, Eugene OR, 97401. Deadline is June 9, 2017.
General Manager Job Description
General Statement of Duties
Has overall responsibility for the management and operations of the Saturday Market’s corporate affairs, insuring policies and other directives issued by the Board of Directors are carried out.
Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
- Designs, implements, and evaluates programs to accomplish goals and policies as established by the Board of Directors.
- Provides information and assistance to the Board. Creates and maintains in accordance with Board policy Administrative, Operations and Personnel Policy Manuals as well as other key organizational documents.
- Develops an annual budget in consultation with the Treasurer and the Board of Directors, in accordance with Market policies.
- Reviews and approves all expenditures in accordance with approved budget and within reasonable limits of flexibility. Makes recommendations for budget amendments and revisions.
- Responsible for collections and recording of member fees.
- Ensures that all Market financial obligations are met in a timely manner, including payroll and tax liabilities.
- Makes and interprets quarterly financial reports to the Board.
- Responsible for keeping the corporation adequately insured and for maintaining all required permits, and contracts.
- Recruits, selects, trains, supervises and evaluates all staff.
- Follows established personnel policies and makes recommendations for changes as needed.
- Acts as agent of the corporation in relations and negotiations with public agencies, media, professional associations, businesses, and the general public.
- Board, Committee and Member Relationships
- Attends monthly Board meetings, supervises the preparation of minutes, draft agendas and informational material for the Board.
- Maintains communication with committees of the corporation and assigns and coordinates staff support to these groups, establishes and maintains a good working relationship with members of the corporation.
Market Site Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the operations of the Market.
- Professional knowledge of organizations and financial management practices.
- Experience in office and personnel management.
- Three years supervisory and administrative experience.
- Experience in non-profit organizations
- High level of computer literacy on a PC platform
- Proven oral and written communications skills
- Skill in dealing with persons from a variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds .
Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits: Health insurance, vacation and holidays, life insurance